Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Zombie Burger" Restaurant Opening...in Des Moines.

Bloody Disgusting is reporting, via the Des Moines Register (Seriously never thought I'd type THAT) that a new restaurant called "Zombie Burger + Drink Lab" will be birthed in the grand metropolis of Des Moines, Iowa.  What?  You've never been to Des Moines?  Oh man, you've never lived!  (Just kidding, it sucks.)

I'm sure the idea of a zombie themed restaurant has you salivating, unless you're like me and are ENTIRELY SICK OF THE STUPID ZOMBIE FAD.  (Romero did it right, Shaun and Zombieland spoofed it well, and the Italians made it gross yet awesome.  That's it.  No one else has made zombies appealing to me, there, I said it.)

Fear not, Squeamish Steves & Susans, because the people behind said restaurant are promising a) the "quintessential" American flat burger and b) that they'll "deliver on the food side, but not so much on the visuals of zombies".  In other words, it's a restaurant called Zombie Burger...without zombies.
You really want to ruin THIS with zombies?
I don't get it.  And I'm one of the eight Iowan horror fans - which would kind of be the place's target audience.  Will I check it out to see if they prove me wrong?  Of course.  But for now, I'm skeptical.

What say you, our loyal AustenBots?  Would YOU eat at Zombie Burger?

No comments: